Friday, November 7, 2008

Kangaroo Island

We arrived at Kangaroo Island early yesterday on Thursday (Wednesday for you folks). A quick tour of the island by our friendly driver brought us to the Southern Ocean Lodge. You can see some of the pictures of the lodge at their website. I am going to add a few of our room and the view from the lodge. The lodge is in a very remote area and is something out of any one's perspective of being nice. The people are wonderful and the food is definitely five star. We visited the Kelly Caves yesterday while today took us to the site of Remarkable Rocks and a cliff side walk to see flora and fauna. The guide, Sandy, has a baby Kangaroo that she found in a road kill female. She nursed the little joey to health and vigor. The little guy is about 18 inches tall and quite friendly. He sat with me for an hour and fell asleep in my lap. What a treat to actually hold a living little Kangaroo! We have another full day tomorrow followed by a treat Susan bought me at the spa. More about that after the next day is done. Needless to say, we are having a ball. Everyone we meet is so very friendly. If you have a desire to see Australia, then follow up on before you get too old!
More later and more photos later. The internet connection is a bit slow to add photos to this site, so I will add when we are in Adelaide or Sydney.

2 comments:

Frank said...

Hi Dick
Enjoy the sun in Aust. Mate...
it's dumping it down rain here today....hopefully it's snow up at the Star...
Cheers
Frank

rkbirk said...

Hi, Dick and Sooze,
Your little baby kangaroo friend sounds so cool, Dick! I'll bet that you wanted to bring him home. Eh, mate?
I'm really enjoying reading your travel blog. The cities in Australia do sound friendly, vibrant, and clean. One of these days ...

Love from unseasonably warm Northcentral Montany,

Renata (I don't have a baby kangaroo, but I do have a fluffy cockapoo sleeping at my feet :)